When you purchase home siding, you want it to last many years. So in addition to buying a quality product, make sure it’s installed by knowledgeable professionals. But how can you tell if a company will install your new house siding carefully and correctly? Here are five ways to discern if a company will perform skilled work.
1. Look at their Better Business Bureau Rating. Go to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website. Under “Find”, you can search either by type of business or by a company’s name. Once you click on a business’ name, you’ll see an Overview page. From there, you can go to a tab for Reviews & Complaints. See what other customers say about their experience with a company.
2. See how long they’ve worked in the area. After storms, “storm chasers” may travel to an area that’s been affected by hail. It may seem convenient to have storm chasers perform repairs for you. However, after repairs are complete, it may not be so easy to have these folks come out to your home again or be accountable for their work. Instead, look for an established local company.
3. Ask for customer references. When you hire contractors to perform work on your home, you are putting them in a position of trust. You are asking them to make changes to the place where your family lives. It is perfectly reasonable to ask for customer references. A reputable company should be happy to provide several.
4. Find out about warranties. In addition to the manufacturers’ warranties, look for a warranty on installation. This will help you feel secure that your project will be done right.
5. See if they’ve won awards. Home improvement companies can win awards for their work. If a third party has given a company such an award (or awards!), this is an indication that the company provides top-quality work.
You deserve highly skilled professionals to install your siding and carry out other home improvement projects. It’s definitely worth doing background research to make sure a company has the dedication and expertise you’re seeking.
At Minnesota Exteriors, we go the extra mile to make sure our customers are happy with our work. We’re a trusted, well-established company you can feel good about inviting into your home. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. We’ve served Minnesota families for 70 years, and customer references are available on our website. We offer a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty on installations. We’ve even won Trillium Awards and Vinyl Siding Institute Awards of Distinction. When it’s time for you to replace your siding, give us a call. We’ll give you a free estimate and make sure your project is carried out to your satisfaction.