When you’re choosing new home windows, you’ll encounter a variety of materials and styles. To help you make a good long-term decision, it’s smart to specify what you’re really seeking. Here are six questions to ask yourself when shopping for new windows. Understanding your needs will help you find the options that are the best fit for you.
You’ll want to decide …
- How important is energy efficiency to you? If conserving energy is a high priority on your list, consider features such as LowE glass, double panes and a layer of Argon gas between panes.
- What kind of maintenance do you want to provide? If you’re willing to spend more time on maintenance, take a look at beautiful wood frames. If you’re looking for more low-maintenance window frames, consider vinyl or fiberglass.
- How strong does the frame need to be? If you need an especially strong window frame, such as for a large picture window, you may want to consider fiberglass.
- How much money do you want to spend? If you are looking to keep your initial costs down, vinyl windows may be a smart option. Exterior home financing can also help keep initial costs down.
- What suits the look of your home? Choosing frames that complement the rest of your home can make your residence even more beautiful.
- How will you want to open the window? Are you looking for a window style that slides open, or would you prefer to turn a crank to open it? Do you want to be able to open the window on both the top and bottom, or just one side? Or does it even need to open at all?
When you’re shopping for windows, you deserve many choices. That’s why at Minnesota Exteriors, we believe in the Power of Choice. In our spacious showroom, you can choose from multiple brands. We’ll help you evaluate your options in a friendly, no-pressure atmosphere. Stop in to see us, request a free estimate or give us a call. We’re happy to help you choose home windows that suit your needs.