Fall in Minnesota means getting your home ready for change. As much as we love warm weather, we know winter will be here in a few short months. Performing maintenance now can help keep your home cozy and comfortable when the snow starts to fly. When you’re getting your home ready for the cold, remember to think about your roof. Here are five ways to get your roof ready for fall … and winter.
- Clear your gutters. If your gutters are clogged, the stored water can freeze. This can be bad for your gutter system. Accumulated water can also have unwanted effects on your shingles.
- Consider cutting some tree branches. When branches get weighed down by snow, you don’t want them to crack and land on your home.
- Check your attic for signs of leaks. Do you see mold? Your attic could have a leak – or need more ventilation.
- Get roof issues fixed before the snow falls. But how do you know your roof needs repairs, or what should be done? Here’s what to do …
- Ask a professional to check your roof. It can take experience to spot roofing issues. Ask someone with training – and the proper safety equipment – to give your roof a thorough inspection.
Taking these steps now can help you find and fix small issues before they get worse. It may even help prevent some issues from starting. Checking on your roof will help you feel more prepared as the seasons change. As winter approaches, you’ll feel secure knowing your home is ready for snow.
Our professionals at Minnesota Exteriors are happy to help you get your roof ready for the next season. A third-generation, family-owned company, we know how important it is to keep your home well-maintained. We’ve helped Minnesotans improve their homes since 1947. And we’ve earned an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
After 70 years in business, we’ve seen a lot of winters come and go. Give us a call and schedule a free roof inspection. We’re here to help you in the long-term.