When you’re choosing a new siding material for your home, you have several excellent options. Vinyl, fiber cement, steel and engineered wood all have strong advantages. To choose a type of siding, you need to weigh your priorities and decide which qualities are the most important for you. Whether you live in Blaine or Big Lake, here are eight priorities to think about when choosing home siding in Minnesota.
Qualities to consider
When you’re deciding which siding material is right for your home, consider these qualities:
1. Energy efficiency. Is saving money on energy costs a top priority? One smart option is insulated vinyl siding.
2. Appearance. Your siding can make a huge difference in your home’s curb appeal. There is a wide range of colors and textures available; browse samples in person to help you make your decision.
3. Durability and strength. If you’re looking for siding that will last a long time, steel may be an option to consider.
4. Ease of maintenance. If you never want to have to paint your siding, steel and vinyl are two good choices.
5. Water resistance. Fiber cement is an option to consider if you especially want your siding to hold up against moisture.
6. Resistance to impact. Engineered wood siding can be a smart choice if impact resistance is a priority for you.
7. Cost. Vinyl siding can be a budget-friendly option. Financing can also help ease the upfront cost.
8. Fire resistance. Fiber cement siding can resist damage in a fire.
As you’re choosing new home siding, there is definitely a variety of factors to consider. Seeing samples in person and chatting with an industry professional can help make your choice much clearer.
To learn more about your siding options, come visit our Osseo showroom. You can view large samples of respected brands such as LP SmartSide, James Hardie, EDCO and ProVia. Take a look at many colors and textures, and see which you would like for your home. And speak with one of our friendly team members. We’ll give you comprehensive information about your siding options, and help you find the home siding that’s right for you. Our company has won awards from the Builders Association of the Twin Cities and the Vinyl Siding Institute. You can trust that we’re a knowledgeable source for home siding.