New siding can give your home a facelift. It can also help prevent unwanted moisture from seeping into your home. But when is it time for new siding? Here’s how you can tell you need siding replacement – and some ideas for what to choose.
Signs you need new siding
- Holes. If you see holes in your home siding, that’s a real eye-opener. These holes may be caused by insects. And holes can help water enter your house.
- Bubbling and mold are signs that moisture may be getting through your siding. If your siding has bubbles or mildew, it’s time to take a closer look.
- Cracks. If only a small siding section is cracked, you may just need a few panels. But if the issue is widespread, you may have to consider a larger siding replacement.
- Warp. Warped siding could mean something unpleasant is going on under the surface – such as rot.
If you notice any of these issues in your siding, it’s a good idea to talk to a professional to explore your options. When you’re ready for new siding, here are some options to consider:
- Engineered wood siding. LP SmartSide siding looks like natural wood. It’s durable, beautiful and can be painted to your liking.
- Fiber cement siding. James Hardie fiber cement siding comes in many textures and styles – and it’s been carefully developed to handle tough weather.
- Steel siding. Steel siding is strong and durable. It’s available in a variety of colors and with a wood grain pattern.
- Vinyl siding. Looking for low-maintenance siding? Consider vinyl: It doesn’t need painting. ProVia makes several types of vinyl siding suitable for any budget. ProVia’s CedarMAX insulated vinyl siding is strong, lovely to look at, and energy efficient.
Replacing your siding can make your home more beautiful and well-protected. And there are so many appealing complementary options to choose from, including faux stone. To find out more, call Minnesota Exteriors. We’re a family-owned company, and we’ve been serving our neighbors since 1947. We carry quality brands like LP SmartSide, James Hardie, and ProVia. We’ll help you pick the option that’s right for you – and we’ll be here to stand behind our work.