If your roof needs work, you want the repairs done before winter returns. Snow will fly again before you know it. But there are many roofing contractors out there – which one should you hire? Here is some insight into what roofing contractors do – and how to choose the right one.
Here are some of the tasks your roofer may need to do:
- Examine roof damage
- Decide the amount of supplies
- Estimate expenses
- Study and follow plans
- Remove older tiles or shingles
- Apply tar paper
- Put in insulation
- Nail or staple the replacement roofing
- Trim or seal the new roofing
And, roofers may need to carry supplies up ladders and work on an inclined roof. It’s a tough job. Make sure your roofing contractor has the skills, sound work practices and integrity you need. You don’t want to have to deal with issues later. Here are some questions you can ask a roofing contractor, to help you decide if you should hire them:
1. Are you local? How long have you worked in the area – how long will you stay?
2. Do you have customer references I can contact?
3. What warranties will I receive?
4. May I see your proof of insurance?
5. May I see your contractor’s license?
A reputable roofing contractor should be glad to answer these questions and show you their credentials. They’ll understand why you need to conduct your due diligence. They’ll be pleased to show you they’re highly qualified.
When you work with Minnesota Exteriors, you can feel secure that you are working with a well-established, trusted roofing contractor. We perform quality work, and we’ve been helping Minnesotans with their homes since 1947. We can provide a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty on installations. You can even read customer references on our website. We’ll be here if you have any questions. Tell us how we can help.