Roofing repair is a considerable undertaking. It’s a significant financial investment, and the quality of the work can affect your family’s comfort for years to come. The contractors you choose will literally be working on “the roof over your head”. Many roofing companies say they’re the best. What factors should you consider, when deciding which home improvement company should do your roofing repair? Here are some qualities to seek when making your choice.
- Trust. It takes skill, planning and a lot of hard work to carry out long-lasting roof repair. You need to be able to trust that the roofing contractor you choose will work with integrity. But how can you tell if a company is trustworthy? Some ideas are: Check the company’s Better Business Bureau rating and reviews. See if the company has won awards. Find out – do others in the community turn to this company when it’s time for high-profile projects?
- Longevity. Unfortunately, many roofing companies do not have a very long lifespan. You want to look for a company who has served your area for a considerable amount of time. That way you can feel more secure that if questions arise in the future, the company will be there to stand behind their work.
- Choice. Some home improvement companies only offer one brand, or only a few brands. You deserve more choice than this. Look for a company that offers you many options – and will take the time to walk you through your options in an informative, no-pressure consultation. If a company has a large showroom, you’ll be able to see more options in person.
- Relationship with distribution company and manufacturers. If a home improvement company has direct access to manufacturers, it may be able to get new products faster – and have more leverage if there are product issues.
- Warranties. It’s not enough just to say that a product is high-quality or that an installation is skilled. Seek guarantees to back these claims up.
You deserve a roofing contractor who sincerely cares about the quality of their work. Minnesota Exteriors is a third-generation, family-owned company. We’ve been helping Minnesotans improve their homes since 1948. Our dedication to service has helped us earn an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau website. We own a distribution company, so we deal directly with manufacturers. Give us a call or drop in to see us at our large showroom. Let us show you how we’ve earned the community’s trust.