Trust is important in any business dealing, but it’s especially important when you choose a home exterior company. The quality of home exterior contractors’ work can affect your family’s comfort and your home’s energy efficiency. And, home improvement projects are a substantial financial investment. You need to be able to trust that a company will treat you fairly and provide high-quality work. How can you tell if you can trust a home exterior company? And what should you be able to trust that they will do? Here are some qualities to seek … and what you can expect a trustworthy company to do.
How can you tell if a home exterior contractor is trustworthy?
It’s worth doing some research before you choose a home exterior company. Ask these questions about a contractor before you make a commitment:
• Has a company built up a relationship with the community? Have they won awards or been chosen for television shows or charity events?
• How long have they served your geographic area? Have they worked in your town for years? Or, did they drive in because a storm hit?
• Are they licensed and insured? You can ask to see a contractor’s license. Find out about their insurance, as well.
• What do other customers say? Check reviews, the Better Business Bureau website, and customer references.
• Do they stand behind their work? Do they offer a warranty on installation, as well as product warranties?
What should you be able to trust that a contractor will do?
When you work with a home exterior contractor, you should be able to trust that they will:
• Explain your options thoroughly and honestly
• Be knowledgeable about products and services
• Be friendly and pleasant to deal with
• Respect your budget
• Keep you informed about your project
• Offer high-quality products
• Provide efficient, skilled installation
• Clean up their work area carefully
• Follow up with you if you have any questions
At Minnesota Exteriors, it’s important to us to be a company you can trust. We’re a third-generation, family-owned company. Providing excellent service is something we take personally. During 70 years of business, we’ve built up a strong relationship with the Twin Cities community. We’ve won awards and appeared on television shows. We’ve posted customer references on our website. We also offer a Lifetime Workmanship Warranty on installations. When you come to Minnesota Exteriors, you can trust that you will receive skilled workmanship, quality products and conscientious customer service.