All home exterior companies are not the same. And whether you’re replacing your roof, getting new siding, or installing windows, your home improvement projects are sizable investments. It’s smart to do some background research before choosing a company to work on your home. Consider looking up contractors on the Better Business Bureau website. Ask contractors for customer references. And ask, what relationship does a company have with product manufacturers?
Asking about a company’s relationship with manufacturers may not be the first question to come to mind. But it can tell you a lot about a company. The way a contractor deals with manufacturers can impact you, both now and in the future.
Minnesota Exteriors has its own distribution company, North Country Distributors, Inc. Through this distribution company, we work closely with manufacturers. This relationship benefits our customers. Here are five advantages this relationship can provide:
- Keeping costs down. Having our own distribution company helps us avoid “middlemen”. And that helps our customers save money.
- Access to new products. Manufacturers may let us see newly introduced products relatively quickly. They realize we can give them helpful feedback.
- Viewing large samples. Our warehouse occupies 100,000 square feet – that’s enough space to store a lot of product. We’d be happy to give you a tour. Come see what many products look like full-size: That way, you don’t have to base your decision on what a miniature version looks like.
- Clout with manufacturers. If a product has a manufacturing issue or product defect, we have clout with the manufacturer to help make things right.
- Saved time. Another advantage of having an in-house distribution center is that it can allow for faster turn-around times on your project if we stock the material.
As you choose a home exterior company, there are a variety of factors to consider. As you do your research, find out how a potential contractor works with manufacturers – a close relationship can give you advantages that benefit you in the long run.
To find out more, come visit us in Osseo or give us a call. A third-generation, family-owned company, MEI is deeply invested in providing quality products and workmanship. We have the resources to help your project run successfully.