Especially in Minnesota, good roofing is a necessity. Roof replacement can help keep you warm and dry, as well as add a distinctive touch to your home. But how do you know it’s really time for new roof installation? And which roofing option should you pick? Here is some information to help you decide.
Reasons to replace your roof
Here are a few reasons why your roof may need attention:
- Storm damage. Minnesota definitely gets its share of severe weather. If hail, wind or other acts of nature have damaged your home, call a professional for an inspection. An expert should inspect your roof, chimney and gutters and recommend how to proceed.
- Shingles are showing their age. If your shingles are cracked or curling, or if spots look worn away, it may be time for work to be done. Moss is also cause for attention.
Roof replacement options
If it’s time for new roofing, you have choices for what material to use. Here are some options to consider:
- 3-tab shingles. Uniform in size, 3-tab shingles are less expensive than architectural shingles.
- Architectural shingles. When you use architectural shingles, they’ll have slightly varying widths. This variety produces a pleasant, original appearance. Architectural shingles are thicker and heavier than 3-tab shingles. They also often last longer.
- Designer asphalt shingles. Designer shingles come in many shapes and colors. You can even find shingles that look like wood, clay or slate.
- Cedar roofing is unmistakably beautiful. It’s also long-lived and a good insulator.
Roofing comes in a surprising variety of colors and shapes. Installing new roofing can increase the curb appeal of your home, and help you feel more secure. You’ll be able to enjoy your new roof for years to come.
At Minnesota Exteriors, you’ll find plentiful options for roof replacement. We’ll work with you to find the right solutions for your needs, we even offer financing. We’re a family-owned company, and we’ve served Minnesota families for 70 years. Give us a call. We’ll be happy to talk with you about your options for roof replacement. And, of course, we’ll provide a free estimate.